Note: volunteer mentors are now being accepted for our next program.
We are looking for volunteer mentors who want to support meaningful change, recognize the transformational opportunities a 12 month program can offer and enjoy a challenge.
Continuity is important to build trust in the program and so we ask mentors to make a one year committment.
Mentors are expected to:
- be in contact with their mentees weekly by phone, monthly in person
- meet with their mentee and Mona for assessment 3 times a year.
- NOTE: B.C. law requires mentors to complete a police background check. This is a simple process that requires completing a short form and paying a fee. The cost will be promptly reimbursed by the program.
Mentors are invited to:
- attend all day workshops and special activities if they wish.
- contribute their skills and ideas to the program in other ways if they wish.
- help with extra activities like the Christmas party, etc.
If you would like to be a volunteer mentor or want to learn more, contact:
Mona El-Masry, Project Coordinator
The Salvation Army, Vancouver Community and Family Services
3213 Fraser Street,
Vancouver, BC V5V 4B8
Tel #: (604) 872-7676 ex 225